No, not me, silly gooses.
Mackenzie.
Saturday I actually woke up feeling pretty good. It was kind of amazing and the only day I felt good all week.
Anyway, I was pretty pumped about it. Friday was bad (and we are not going to mention the Monday incident that began with me laid out in my car behind a gas station and not making it to work...but whatever...), so I wasn't real hopeful about Saturday.
We went to the movies with Jacque and Matthew on Friday and I really didn't think I was going to make it through the movie. It was The Town and though it was good, it was no The Departed, so don't get your hopes up. Just a random PS for ya.
So, back to Saturday.
Woke up, felt great!
Worked out, had brunch with Stacie, all was good. I was making it to the birthday party. And I was doing it alone. Such a grown-up! (Bill had a work thing).
So I get dressed and packed and make the drive just fine, but arrive exhausted!
Mackenzie had a blast. I've never seen a child get so man gifts. She had lots of friends and family there (I swear I didn't know have the people and it was at my parents' house!) and a big jumpy house and a beautiful cake (that she broke part of the crown off to eat before the party, but hey, it's her party...)
Here are a few shots.... (stolen from Mom's camera. I had no energy left to take pictures!)
the cake (with the missing piece MK stole)
Mk and Daddy
some of the girls...
The princess and the queen
I blinged-out the baby:)
The next Hannah Montana
So Sunday I wake up (at Mom and Dad's) to find the downside of taking advantage of a day when I feel fabulous...you wake up feeling like crap and still have to drive home.
Thank God it's only a couple of hours!
Needless to say, road trips alone are not likely to happen again.
Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted:)








No comments:
Post a Comment